Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Maybe your that someone.. Realistically, many problems that we have in our daily lives can probably be tied to the way we take care of our body and mind. For example, lets say your having problems at work.
You just can't stand your supervisor, he or she is really a jerk. Stress is an extremely influential factor when it comes to our immune system. This being said, do you get stressed out with things at work, or even at home? I would gamble to say, that you probably get headaches and don't sleep all that well. This is where Shaklee can help.
Shaklee is the #1 Natural Nutrition company in the world. The products help thousands of people. Why is Shaklee different from other companies? Well there are many reasons... Click on this link to see how we are different.
If everyone focused on preventing disease, and promoting health how the world and our lives could be. Think about it, if you start taking care of
yourself now how much money could you save on doctor bills and medications in the years to come. Instead of spending time in a wheel chair because of some horrible disease, you could go fishing with your great grand children. There is nothing to lose. Shaklee back each and every product with a full refund guarantee. If you don't like what you get, send it back for a full refund. We are a business that believes in what we produce..
To our health!!!
Monday, September 28, 2009
They say...the Best Defense is a Good Offense.
Take these Pop Quizzes to learn 3 free things you can do to say "Shoo" to Swine and seasonal flus and colds this fall!
# 1 Pop Quiz - What's a fall-off-the-log easy way to boost your immune system three fold?
That's right...a good old fashioned Good Night's Rest! Sleep and your immune system are tightly linked. Click here to learn more how 8 hours of sleep can give you a 3X boost to your immune system.
#2 Pop Quiz - What decreases your immune response 50% in just 30 min?
Sugar damages the cells of the immune system, making you susceptibility to colds and flus. Studies have shown that eating 20 teaspoons of sugar causes a 50% drop in the ability of white blood cells to engulf bacteria in just 30 min...and compromise your immunity up to 5 hours. 20 teaspons? Start with 10 tsp. in a 12 oz. soda, add a cookie, a bite of cake, a nibble of fudge...and you're there.
# 3 Pop Quiz - What's an easy way to reduce stress?
When it comes to swatting your immune system flat, Stress is ENEMY #1. The CDC estimates that 75 to 90% of all doctor visits are stress related. Hugs help reduce stress. And if singing "Shoo Flu Don't Bother Me" makes you laugh, you've just found the best medicine.
Last Quiz Question - What supplements are proven to boost immunity?
Probiotics -- the good bacteria. In a study published in the August journal, Pediatrics, children aged 3 to 5 who took a daily probiotic had fewer fevers, runny noses, and coughing episodes. Further, when kids taking the probiotics did get sick, they recovered faster, required fewer antibiotics, and missed fewer days of child care. The probiotic, Optiflora, guarantees delivery of 500 million good bacteria in every tapioca-sized pearl.
Vitamin C -- proven to increase the body’s immunity by increasing the white blood cells. Our bodies can do a lot of things, but it can’t make or store vitamin C. Vita-C's proprietary sustained release system delivers the vitamin C equivalent of one-and-a-half oranges every hour for five hours.
Nutriferon -- Interferon, the sentry for our immune system. This patented combo of 4 Chinese herbs sends out the signal to our "killer cells" to come to our aid and protect us. Click here for more about the scientist who discovered interferon, developed Nutriferon, and 4 clinical trials. Plus, the latest research conducted at Cornell University verifies Nutriferon's effectiveness against flu virus!
Want an extra Ounce of Prevention? Stock up on the Shoo Flu trio -- Optiflora probiotic, Sustained Release Vita-C, and Nutriferon. Order the Nutriferon 4-Pack and Save 10%
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Another popular myth has been busted!
Many doctors advise their patients to take a baby aspirin every day to reduce their risk of heart attack. And this recommendation has been repeated so often in the media and in self-help books and web sites that even more people are taking an aspirin every day without even waiting for their doctor to recommend it.
Is this good advice? Probably not, accordingly to a new study done by Dr.Gerry Fowlkes of the Wolfson Unit for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Edinburgh Scotland. In a study that he presented at the most recent meetingof the European Society for Cardiology in Barcelona Spain he and his colleagues followed 3,000 men at very high risk for developing heart disease for an averageof eight years. Half of the group was randomly assigned to take an aspirin every day and the other half was given aplacebo. At the end of eight years there was no difference in the rate of heart attacks or stroke - or risk of death from any cause - between the two groups. In other words, an aspirin a day did not decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke and had no discernable health benefits in this study. Even worse, there were 34 major bleeds in people taking the aspirin compared to only 20 in people taking theplacebo.And if you looked at internal bleeding that was soserious that it required hospitalization, the risk was almost double for the aspirin users compared to the placebo users. The conclusion of this study was that for otherwise healthy people the risks of taking aspirin outweigh the benefits. The scientists cautioned that for people who have already had a heart attack the benefits of taking anaspirin a day might outweigh the risks.
I would encourage you to investigate natural alternates rather than relying on a drug to reduce your risk of heart disease. For example several recent clinical studies have shown that as little as 500 mg/day of omega-3 fatty acids, whether from fish or from supplements, can reduce the risk of a second heart attack in someone who hasalready had one heart attack by 30-40%.And, of course, the Landmark study showed that people who have used the Shaklee supplements for 20 years or more have 1/3 the incidence of angina, heart attack, stroke or congestive heart failure as people do from using other company’s multivitamins or no supplements at all.
To your health!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I've been waiting for the final pet scan diagnosis to write this...and we got it today. My mom is cancer-free!
First, I praise God for His reasons for her to continue living, and I do give him the glory as Master Healer. Second, I'd like to share her nutritional testimony, which I know has contributed to her success.
Mom has taken Shaklee supplements faithfully for 30 years...she was one of my first customers. The last few years, she took Energizing Protein, Vitalizer, Alfalfa, OsteoMatrix...sometimes Nutriferon...and Vivix since it was introduced a year ago. Both Oncologist and Radiation docs were surprised at how good her nutritional status was during the 2-wk period that she wasn't eating at all before getting the feeding tube, and that she didn't have to be hospitalized the last 2-3 wks of treatments (radiation and chemo) at her age (79).
She was getting 4 Cinch shakes/day in the feeding tube, CitriBoost and continued to use Vivix every day after hearing Dr Bevacqu's CD about how resveratrol can assist the chemo & radiation to do their job better.
I approached the radiation doc 3/4 way into her treatments about Vivix, with Dr Bevacqua's CD and other info, and she started slamming it...she'd just been to a seminar where she was informed how bad this supplement is and how it doesn't work. Hmmmm...think it was the pharmaceutical companies conducting that seminar? Then she said to me, "Tell me that you're NOT giving this to your mother during treatments?". I told her "no" because if that tumor didn't get cured, I didn't want her to come back and blame me. But...she did take it every day!
The diagnosis today is that the tumor is 100% gone, and her body is cancer-free. Now she can focus on healing the chemical warfare she's endured over the last few months, and with Shaklee supplements, we have full confidence that will be more speedy than without them!
Thank you, God...and thank you, Dr Shaklee, for creating this line of natural supplements that aids the body in healing. For those of us who don't have cancer, heart disease, or any of the other "biggies", it's all about PREVENTION. Supplementation may not keep you from getting sick or disease, but I'm sure it keeps us from being as sick as long, and helps speed up healing.
For me, this is a very inspiring story. I'm proud to be a Shaklee user, and I'm very happy that I can share it with others around me. It really can make a difference in every ones life.
Start a making a healthy future for your family and yourself...
Click here to learn more and buy Shaklee Products.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
"Unfortunately, the limited strides that were made toward this goal during the 1970s and 1980s were eroded by the increases in excess weight, diabetes and hypertension during more recent decades," the CDC's Dr. Earl Ford, who led the study, said in a statement.
Ford's team looked at four national studies covering tens of thousands of Americans aged 25 to 74.
Only 10 percent had low risk scores in all five categories, they reported in the journal Circulation.
"Until the early 90s, we were moving in a positive direction, but then it took a turn and we're headed in a negative direction," said Ford.
"When you look at the individual factors, tobacco use is still headed in the right direction and so are cholesterol levels, although that has leveled off. The problem is that blood pressure, BMI (body mass index, a measure of obesity) and diabetes are all headed in the wrong direction."
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer in the United States and many other countries.
(Reuters September 14, 2009)
What are the major risk factors you can modify, treat or control by changing your lifestyle or taking medicine?
* Tobacco smoke — Smokers' risk of developing coronary heart disease is 2–4 times that of nonsmokers. Cigarette smoking is a powerful independent risk factor for sudden cardiac death in patients with coronary heart disease; smokers have about twice the risk of nonsmokers. Cigarette smoking also acts with other risk factors to greatly increase the risk for coronary heart disease. People who smoke cigars or pipes seem to have a higher risk of death from coronary heart disease (and possibly stroke) but their risk isn't as great as cigarette smokers'. Exposure to other people's smoke increases the risk of heart disease even for nonsmokers.
* High blood cholesterol — As blood cholesterol rises, so does risk of coronary heart disease. When other risk factors (such as high blood pressure and tobacco smoke) are present, this risk increases even more. A person's cholesterol level is also affected by age, sex, heredity and diet.
* High blood pressure — High blood pressure increases the heart's workload, causing the heart to thicken and become stiffer. It also increases your risk of stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and congestive heart failure. When high blood pressure exists with obesity, smoking, high blood cholesterol levels or diabetes, the risk of heart attack or stroke increases several times.
* Physical inactivity — An inactive lifestyle is a risk factor for coronary heart disease. Regular, moderate-to-vigorous physical activity helps prevent heart and blood vessel disease. The more vigorous the activity, the greater your benefits. However, even moderate-intensity activities help if done regularly and long term. Physical activity can help control blood cholesterol, diabetes and obesity, as well as help lower blood pressure in some people.
* Obesity and overweight — People who have excess body fat — especially if a lot of it is at the waist — are more likely to develop heart disease and stroke even if they have no other risk factors. Excess weight increases the heart's work. It also raises blood pressure and blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and lowers HDL ("good") cholesterol levels. It can also make diabetes more likely to develop. Many obese and overweight people may have difficulty losing weight. But by losing even as few as 10 pounds, you can lower your heart disease risk.
* Diabetes mellitus — Diabetes seriously increases your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Even when glucose (blood sugar) levels are under control, diabetes increases the risk of heart disease and stroke, but the risks are even greater if blood sugar is not well controlled. About three-quarters of people with diabetes die of some form of heart or blood vessel disease. If you have diabetes, it's extremely important to work with your healthcare provider to manage it and control any other risk factors you can.
What other factors contribute to heart disease risk?
* Individual response to stress may be a contributing factor. Some scientists have noted a relationship between coronary heart disease risk and stress in a person's life, their health behaviors and socioeconomic status. These factors may affect established risk factors. For example, people under stress may overeat, start smoking or smoke more than they otherwise would.
* Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure, cause heart failure and lead to stroke. It can contribute to high triglycerides, cancer and other diseases, and produce irregular heartbeats. It contributes to obesity, alcoholism, suicide and accidents.
The risk of heart disease in people who drink moderate amounts of alcohol (an average of one drink for women or two drinks for men per day) is lower than in nondrinkers. One drink is defined as 1-1/2 fluid ounces (fl oz) of 80-proof spirits (such as bourbon, Scotch, vodka, gin, etc.), 1 fl oz of 100-proof spirits, 4 fl oz of wine or 12 fl oz of beer. It's not recommended that nondrinkers start using alcohol or that drinkers increase the amount they drink.
Taking Shaklee supplements is a great way to get your health back on track. Just a basic Vitalizer pack and Shaklee's pattented Vivix, can really improve your health. Shaklee also has one of the best healthy weight loss tools on the market, Cinch. The Cinch plan is a tasty, yet proven way to shed those unwanted pounds while staying healthy.
Click here to visit the corporate Shaklee website.
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
SHAKLEE NUTRITION BEST-SELLERS SYSTEM (the following nutrients are in the daily Vitalizer strips & Shaklee’s Soy Protein)
Vita-Lea - Because most of us do not get all the nutrients we need from diet alone. A well balanced multivitamin/multimineral supplement is nutrition insurance for what we don’t get from our diet.
Energizing Soy Protein - It has been shown to lower the risk of breast and prostate cancer - AND - it boosts energy levels and helps prevent osteoporosis.
B-Complex - Adequate intake of B vitamins may decrease the risk of cervical cancer -AND - most of us don’t get all the B vitamins we need from our diet.
Sustained Release Vita-C - Because Vitamin C can help prevent the formation of nitrosamines and dangerous free radicals that can cause cancer AND-many of us do not get enough vitamin C from our diet.
Vita-E Plus - Because both vitamin E and selenium are natural antioxidants which help protect us from some of the cancer causing oxidations that occur in our bodies -AND- most of us don’t get enough of these essential nutrients from our diet.
CarotoMax - CarotoMax contains the essential phytonutrients found in those fresh fruits and vegetable that we are not eating on a regular basis - AND - the phytonutrients in CarotoMax have been shown to significantly reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, and eye disease.
Optiflora – Friendly bacteria reduce the risk of colon cancer, strengthen our immune system, and produce substances that lower serum cholesterol levels- AND - most of us don’t have enough of the "friendly" bacteria in our intestines
EPA - Studies have shown that replacing the fats in the typical American diet with healthier fats such as EPA can reduce cancer risk - AND – most of us don’t get enough cold water fish in our diet.
CorEnergy – Most of us have too much stress in our lives – AND – we need the increased energy that CorEnergy provides.
Are you consuming 3-5 servings of fresh vegetables and 6-11 servings of whole grains each day? YES NO …If not, you may wish to consider the added insurance of Shaklee’s Fiber Plan products and B Complex AND you would benefit from the phytonutrients found in CarotoMax.
Do you eat cold-pressed vegetable oils, raw seeds and nuts, and whole grain products on a daily basis? YES NO …If not, you’re probably not getting the vitamin E you need.
Do you eat one serving of "cold water" fish (mackerel, cod, salmon, sardines, or anchovies) at least every other day? YES NO …If not, then Shaklee’s EPA can provide the essential fatty acids you’re lacking in your diet
Shop for Shaklee Products Online....
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Monday, September 07, 2009
Developed after years of research by Shaklee Corporation, the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S., Vivix Cellular Anti-Aging Tonic is a break through dietary supplement in the fight against cellular aging. In laboratory studies, Vivix ingredients have been shown to impact the four key mechanisms of cellular aging.* Just one teaspoon a day delivers the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 100 glasses of red wine, and Vivix ingredients are 10X more powerful than resveratrol in slowing a key mechanism of aging.*
For $330, you could buy 100 glasses of red wine to give you the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 1 teaspoon of Vivix.
For $5.50, you could swallow 22 capsules of resveratrol and muscadine supplements and still not get all the key ingredients found in 1 teaspoon of Vivix.
1 teaspoon of VivixFor $2.83†, you can get all of the cellular anti-aging benefits from the key ingredients found in1 serving of Vivix‡—AND support joint, heart, brain,cardiovascular, and immune health.*All for about the same price as a fancy cup of coffee.
100% Shaklee Guarantee. We stand behind each and every one of our products. The ingredients, purity, safety, and performance of all our Nutrition, Healthy Home, and Personal Care products are 100% guaranteed.
Watch a cool little video about Vivix....
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Now more than ever is the time to take care of yourself. Every day your immune system has to protect you from millions of microbes that inhabit your surroundings—microbes you may be breathing, eating, touching, or sharing.
1. Naturally Boosts Interferon Levels - Scientists have identified interferon as being critical to healthy immune function. NutriFeron is the ONLY DIETARY SUPPLEMENT IN THE U.S. created by the immunologist who discovered interferon THAT NATURALLY INCREASES THE PRODUCTION OF INTERFERON IN THE BODY.*
2. Created by the Discoverer of Interferon - Dr. Yasuhiko Kojima, the world-renowned immunologist who discovered interferon in 1954, dedicated 40 years of research to finding natural compounds that would provide a boost to interferon production. This patented botanical blend is found in NutriFeron. NutriFeron from Shaklee is the ONLY IMMUNITY SUPPLEMENT IN THE U.S. CREATED BY THE DISCOVERER OF INTERFERON.*
3. 40 Years of Research - After 40 years of painstaking research testing hundreds of natural compounds and herbs, Dr. Kojima developed a UNIQUE BLEND OF FOUR POWERFUL PLANT EXTRACTS that boosts the body’s natural production of interferon.*
4. Patented Blend of Interferon Boosting Plant Extracts - NutriFeron boasts the MACH® patented blend of interferon-boosting plant extracts, AN EXCLUSIVE FORMULA that includes pumpkinseed extract, safflower flower extract, Asian Plantain seed extract, and Japanese Honeysuckle flower extract. Each serving provides 500 mg of immunity-bolstering ingredients.*
5. Supported by Four Human Clinical Studies** - Four published clinical studies confirm the extraordinary health and immune-supporting benefits of the proprietary blend of plant extracts found in NutriFeron. This potent-yet-safe phytonutrient blend provides immune support right at the cellular level.*
6. Exclusive Formula Protected by 3 Patents - NutriFeron is supported by THREE patents and is available only through Shaklee Independent Distributors. This unique, patented formula is a Shaklee exclusive.
7. Made to the Highest Quality Standards - A powerfully effective supplement, NutriFeron has been subjected to a stringent set of scientific tests for safety, purity, potency, and performance.
8. Springtime Blooms Tear You Up? - Preliminary studies suggest that NutriFeron balances your immune response against environmental irritants and airborne pollutants.*
Learn how Shaklee products are different from the others
Buy Products Online
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
MGM Supplement: NUTRENTS THAT SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
So what can we do to keep our immune systems at maximum efficiency? …….5 things.
1. Eat healthy foods ..like fresh vegetables, salads and fresh fruits
2.Avoid the foods that weaken the immune system like sugar, alcohol, chips and snacks
3. Stay active.. play ..run.. exercise… practice yoga
4. Get some sleep .. 8 hours of it .. that’s when your body repairs
5 Take supplements that help the body strengthen and rebuild the cells of the immune system like the following…
Scientifically Advanced Vita-Lea (with and w/out iron)
Provides a comprehensive balance of essential nutrients. Vita-Lea’s bioavailability has been proven through independent clinical research. Contains gentler, better-tolerated forms of zinc and protein-bound trace minerals for easier digestion.
Vita-C, 500 mg. Sustained Release
Antioxidant property protects the body against free radicals. Boosts the immune system, infection fighter, natural antihistamine, increases the resistance to ligament and tendon injury. Vitamin C is depleted by stress such as infections, illness, fatigue, surgery, anxiety, pollution and extremes in temperature. As we age, there is a greater need to regenerate collagen which requires more vitamin C.
Developed and extensively tested by immunologists in Japan, contains an exclusive, proprietary blend of natural plant extracts from pumpkin seeds, safflower flowers, plantago seeds, and Japanese honeysuckle flower buds, which has been clinically proven to support and stimulate the natural immune response process at the cellular level. Supports and stimulates the immune system, by increasing the activity of macrophages and inducing natural interferon production. Optimizes immune response against environmental irritants and airborne substances (as with allergies and asthma). Completely safe – no adverse reactions to these plant extracts ever recorded.
Premium Garlic Complex
Two-way odor control with a gentle, temperature-controlled drying process and with a pleasant blend of spearmint and rosemary extracts. Historically, has been used for congestion, asthma, sinusitis and allergies, colds, flu and pneumonia, sore throat and bronchitis. Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is effective against yeast infections (Candida). Nature’s strongest natural antibiotic.
This advanced colon care system contains Acidophilus and Bifidus, essential friendly bacteria that ideally live in our lower intestines. Research shows, however, that most adult Americans only retain about 15% of these microflora, rendering our bodies (and especially our immune systems) vulnerable to toxic build-up. The Optiflora system also includes the prebiotic FOS and inulin to provide nutrients that selectively feed the good microflora for rapid colonization. It is the only product of its kind to guarantee delivery of live beneficial microflora to the intestines, due to its unique triple encapsulation that protects these essential bacteria from the acidity of the stomach.
Defend & Resist Complex (Echinacea)
Has become the most prominent herb used both in the United States and in Europe. Activates the immune system, promotes production of white blood cells, enhances resistance to infection, viral and bacterial, especially flu and herpes; reduces mucus. Works best when started at the onset of cold or flu symptoms. Can be used effectively for up to 10 days at a time.
Other nutrients to consider:
Essential for healthy mucosal membranes in the digestive, respiratory and reproductive tracts. Reduces susceptibility to infection, allergies, bronchitis, asthma, ear infection and skin disorders. Contains other naturally occurring carotenoids such as alpha carotene and other types of beta-carotene.
These powerful antioxidants increase the power of the immune system to fight infection, are natural antihistamines, are antiviral and antibacterial because they interfere with the actual mechanism of some of these organisms, lower risk of many cancers including gastric cancer.
Vita-E 400 IU and Vita-E Complex
Anti-oxidant that protects against cell damage. Helps to prevent heart disease, Parkinson’s; protects lungs from air pollution, protects cells from premature aging, helps cystic breast disease, improves circulation, promotes healing. Our immune systems decline with age. Vitamin E enhances immune responsiveness in the elderly. Shaklee’s Vita-E is in a natural d-alpha form and is more biologically active than synthetic vitamin E. Provides the full spectrum of tocopherols found in nature
Lagoni Health Associates
Learn about the Shaklee Difference. Click here, then just press the play button.