Wednesday, January 19, 2005

An "ah haugh" Moment for preventing Headaches...

By: Maureen Brown...

I'm under the care of a Neurologist for my M.S..
She gave me a sample drug to help the pains of my Migraines. I did not want to add yet another drug to my list, but I did open the accompanying drug info sheet from the bow. And to my delight it stated that there seem to be food triggers.

I read on to my dismay and found that THE FOUR FOODS LISTED were ones I'd been enjoying alot lately. I call them the Four "C's" since they each begin with the letter C.

They were Coffee, Chocolate, Cheese & All Citrus foods.!!!!

I'd do all four in the course of a day and I'd be in a dark, quiet room lying very still for HOURS. I found through elimination what, how often & how combined these "C's" affected me.

Fortunately I can have 1 small cup of coffee a day or a piece of Chocolate. BUT NEVER CAN I EAT CHEESE or CITRUS or combine any again with consequences.

BOO-HOO no more Chocolate Coffee, grill cheese sandwich, pink lemonade's. Oh well at least I still have my wonderful Costa Rican Coffee to enjoy.

I think Gods really trying to teach me MODERATION. Not that I gorged on these things individually, but at the same time or same day really messed me up.It's nice to know that I can run my own life, and maybe "fix"a few things rather than just putting on a band-aid.

No comments: