Friday, January 14, 2005

Great Cancer Testimony

A great Testimony by: Dr. Joe Tierney
Thank You Very Much
I want to thank our Shaklee Rep., and the very many of you that are responsible for the research, quality production and distribuition of the Shaklee products that my family and I use.

Thank you for the integrity we have seen over these past 15 years that we have used shaklee.
I have wanted to pass this thank you on for a long time and just haven't gotten around to it. I decided to take and make the time today.

A few days ago my wife and I saw our 5th grade daughter's Christmas choir concert. I saw the family physician that I had in 1997 when I was diagnosed for the second time in two years with Malignant Melanoma.

In 97' it had metastisized to stage 3 cancer. After I saw the concert I spoke to my physician about his expectations that I would be here still. He did not. Meanwhile, I am able to be husband and father still to children 23 to 10.

I am certain that the foundational shaklee supplement regimen that I take, with anti-oxidant's has had so much to do with my being here still. Thank you, and thank you on the behalf of a 10 year old girl who still has her father.

To very briefly review, I could be a poster boy for the need to utilize sound science for maximum wellness, and have my physician be a part of that vs. not all of that. In my life, when it has been "all of it", it has been to treat illness only rather than to achieve how "well" I can be.

Let me outline: illness - In 1995 I was diagnosed with Stage I Malignant Melanoma. I had the cancerous mole for months, not knowing what it was. wellness: Although I had the mole for months I was faithfully taking shaklee.

How interesting that the cancer was held to stage 1. illness: I was given a "clean" bill of health, but told nothing about supplements, and was told I had a bigger chance of dying from a car wreck than getting cancer again. (I wish I was exaggerating this comment to me but I'm not.) further illness:

I get busy with career, life, stop taking all shaklee for approximately 9 months. Because, "I didn't have time", and my physician at the time basically gave me a message of invincibility. Inevitably, I acquired stage 3 malignant melanoma. I stopped reading statistics years ago.

Back then the 5 year survival rate for my cancer type was 38%. I saw a 10 year survival rate study as low as 9%. wellness: I develop a mantra of "give me shaklee or give me death." I am devoted to taking my regimen of shaklee supplement products.

I am almost 8 years post my last cancer episode. illness: After two solid years of my wife begging me to go to the chiropractor for severe neck pain (2x a month, neck pain, migraines, sick to my stomach) I went (January 03'). This was after a car wreck in 96...... Why didn't I get it then.... During those two years of spousal pleading I saw a Physical Therapist at the prescription of my doctor.

Oh yeah, and I had a MRI. ...a ruptured disc..... a reason for the pain.... Physical Therapy treated the symptoms ok. For me Chiropractic treated the cause area and the symptoms really well. wellness and counting: as early 03' continued I began to realize that although I will always need and want physcian's, and am thankful for them, only I can be my wellness "manager."

I had my last migraine in January of 03', right before my first adjustment. As many of you know I have battled weight issues in my adulthood, some clear obesity links from my Father's side. I made moves from staving off illnesses, to pursuing wellness through 03'.

I got "straightened out", worked on becoming happier, lost 75 lbs, and only upped my commitment to shaklee products. Now, at 47, I feel 20 years younger than two years ago. I run 25-30 miles a week. Hope to be in my first marathon before I turn 50. Feel great, feel healthy, and see concerts and activities that a precious 10 year old girl is in. I am so thankful.

Thankful for the supplement basics, the anti-oxidants, the joint health complex, and the physique!!! I started taking physique early this summer and my recovery from my run/workouts has changed dramatically.

These products are amazing and as a Psychologist/clinician knowing of the very impressive research that shaklee conducts means so much.

Thank you, thank you! Sincerely Dr. Joe Tierney

Buy Shaklee Products Online

Editors Note: The information in this Blog has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Rather the statements made are what some folks have experienced personally.

No comments: