Monday, March 14, 2005

Encouraging Cancer Story

To Whom It May Concern:

Eight months ago I was a picture of good health, and just turned 65. I rarely caught a "common cold", or sore throat, and never had a flu shot. But in August 2004, I was confronted with the biggest health challenge of my life.

I was working at my sister's in Levittown, Pa. installing siding on her house when I began having trouble breathing. My shortness of breath worsened as I tried to work through the problem. When I told my sister that I needed to take a break, she became concerned enough to take me to the hospital. At Lower Bucks Hospital Emergency Ward, I had a number of studies done, including a chest X-Ray and a MRI. The tests revealed that I was diagnosed with "pleura fusion". The pleura, the sack around the lung, was filled with fluid and had collapsed my lung.

Five days later, after more studies, the doctor gave me the bad news. He informed me that I have a very serious type of cancer called adeno-carcinoma. I went to an oncologist at Crozer Hospital in Chester Pa. He ordered more studies, including chest X-Rays, MRI, Body and bone Scans, and a CAT scan of the brain. The results were worse than we thought.

The tests showed that I had a large cancerous growth on my left lung, which had spread to my brain--- two lesions deep in my brain which were inoperable. The cancer had metastasized to my bones and other organs. The oncologist sadly told me that I had about 6 months to live. May not make it to see Christmas 2004.

I was totally devastated.

My radiation treatments began with 15 sessions ---once-a-day, five days a week --- to the area of my head to try to shrink the lesions. The radiation oncologist told me without this initial treatment I would be dead in three months!

I lost all the hair on my head before the end of the 15th treatment. I looked like Mr. Clean! In early November, I started the chemotherapy treatments. I was going "down hill", daily. I was weak and nauseous. I couldn't hold a job, didn't have the energy to work. I knew I was dying, but I was okay with that because God had given me perfect peace. And yet, I wanted to live, so badly.

In early January, I was introduced to Rusty and June Ost, both of whom are pharmacists. The Osts have worked with many cancer patients using non-traditional, nutritional therapies. They put me on a special "Detox Program" using Shaklee food supplements consisting of mega-doses of powerful Shaklee anti-oxidants. They assured me that the Shaklee nutritional products were perfectly SAFE. There were no additives, preservatives, binders or synthetic fillers --like the store brands that could cause side effects. Shaklee nutrition, they said, is real-food-source supplements.

It didn't take long on the Detox Program to begin feeling better. I had more energy, and was breathing easier in a week.

I felt something was positively happening in my body. When I saw my oncologists in February, he was pleasantly surprised to see the good color of my skin and face, and to see my increased energy level. I told him I had been on a Detox Program for five weeks using Shaklee supplements. The doctor’s reaction was neither positive nor negative about my taking vitamins.

He said the herbs and vitamins wouldn’t interfere with the chemo treatments. "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it (since you're feeling better.)" He added.

Near the end of February, he ordered another chest MRI. And to everyone's surprise, he told me that the growth in my lungs had shrunk to one-third the size it was before treatment! The tumor (mass attached to my lung) was down from three centimeters to 1 centimeter!

"Doctor, do you think we can beat this thing?" I asked.

"Well, it's a step in the right direction." He said with obvious enthusiasm in his voice.

Further good news about my progress came yesterday, the hospital reported that my white blood cell count has returned to normal. The doctor said, "It's perfect!" Only two more chemotherapy treatments remain, and I'll be done with them. I hope.

And speaking of hope, I encourage anyone suffering with cancer, not give up hope. I was told my cancer is one of the worse kinds of cancer a person can get because, “It does not respond well to treatment.” My Oncologist said. “There are no known cures!”

But I'm getting over it. I had heard of so many success stories of women beating breast cancer taking the Detox formula with Shaklee supplements. I had to try it. What did I have to lose?

The non-traditional, nutritional therapies could increase the body's immune system to fight what I have! Together, with the marvelous improvements in cancer technologies, who knows what will happen? Right now, I'm excited to feel this good, and to be alive! Every new day is a blessing! And I'm optimistic about sharing many more Christmases with my family!

Above all, I might add, prayer is a powerful antidote. I know many are praying for me, and I appreciate that beyond words!

I used to be in the clergy, and appreciate the power of prayer. God said, "I am the Lord that healeth thee." (Ex. 15:26). I give credit to my physicians, to Shaklee supplements and to all those who pray for me. But the glory goes to God!

Tomorrow, I'm flying to California to visit an old-time friend for a week. I'll keep you posted.

Tom Kinder
Springfield, PA

If you want to know what supplements Tom Kinder takes daily, see below. We cannot, and Tom does not make any promises. And certainly, the Shaklee Corporation doesn’t, either.

The "Detox Program": (I’ll cut down the dosages when the cancer has disappeared.)

All of the following are what I've taken three times a day:

Welsh's Concord Frozen Grape Juice (three tbsp) in 10 oz of purified water;

3 scoops Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein (Soy Isoflavanoids with B Complex & Calcium)

5 Carotomax (Beta Carotene, Lycopene, Leutin, Zeaxanthin, Alpha Carotene & Astantin) 3 Flavomax (Blueberry, Elderberry, Grapeseed, Green Tea, Passion Flower extracts; lemon & Quercetin)

10 Alfalfa (Minerals from Chlorophyll-rich leaves)

3 Vita-C (Vitamin C Complex with 5-hour Sustained Release)

3 Vita-Lea without Iron; Multi-Vitamin & Mineral)

3 Opiflora (Acidolphilis/Bifidus); 1/2 tsp. Prebiotic Powder;

3 NutriFeron (Immune Building Complex - Blend of Macrophage Activating Chinese Herbs);

2 DTX; (Milk Thistle + Blend of Dandelion, Reishi Mushroom, Tumeric & Artichoke extracts)

2 Vita-E (400 IU, Selenium & Grapeseed Extract); 2 B-Complex (All the B vitamins from Torula and Brewers Yeast)

2 Lecithin (Soybean oil - helps body absorb Beta Carotene & vitamins)

2 Omega 3 Complex (EPA/DHA Marine Lipid);

3 Cal-Mag (Calcium/ Magnesium & vitamin D)

2 Zinc Complex (Zinc Gluconate with Dicalcium Phosphate)

1 servings per day Shaklee's Daily Fiber Mix/tablets/Crunch/Unflavored

2 Herb-Lax (on occasion when necessary)

Buy the Supplements Tom used online at: http://www.mgmsupplement.com

No comments: